Capricorn Link does NOT sell direct to the public. Our books are available for sale or order through all good bookstores.
For a list of retailers please click here.



Emails from an A**hole

Yes, you did read that title right!

Emails from an A**hole is a new title from John Lindsay, a guy with waaaay too much time on his hands! He started a website called dontevenreply.com, which according to John is -
...a collection of e-mails I have sent to people who post classified ads. My goal is to mess with them, confuse them, and/or piss them off.

This book isn't for everyone, but if you're a fan of 'messing' with people like John then you will love this book. People advertise the most ridiculous things in classifieds and John has made it his duty to respond to these requests in much the same ridiculous way! Here's a sample from his website -
Original ad:

Help me! I'm in desperate need of a Blu-ray player. I don't have a lot of money so if you want to give me one for free, that would be great. In return I will say many prayers for you! Please e-mail me @ ***********@verizon.net

From Me to ***********@verizon.net:
Hey there,
I have an old Blu-Ray player I don't use anymore. Are you interested?
Mike

From Cathy ******** to Me:
Yes I am very much interested! What brand is the player and is it free?

From Me to Cathy ********:
Cathy,
It is a Samsung player, and whether it is free or not depends on you...how many prayers are we talking about here?
Mike

From Cathy ******** to Me:
I will say many prayers for you!

From Me to Cathy ********:
Yeah, I got that. Specifically, how many prayers? This Blu-Ray player wasn't cheap. I'm thinking, 50 Our Fathers and 50 Hail Marys every day for a year. Does that sound good?
Mike

From Cathy ******** to Me:
Mike, the quantity of prayers is not important - it is the sincerity and power of the prayer that matters. I will be genuinely thankful and show this through my prayers!

From Me to Cathy ********:
Sorry, but I'm not settling for anything less than 50 Our Fathers and 50 Hail Marys per day. The last guy I gave my plasma TV to gave me that "sincere prayer" crap but I don't it worked at all. My wife's breasts still aren't bigger and my lottery tickets still aren't winning. The only thing that matters is the amount of prayers that you say. It is your choice; 100 prayers a day or no blu-ray player.
Mike

If you're still not sure what this book is about, or you'd like to know more, you should definitely read through some of his other emails on the website. And if you like it, don't forget to order a copy from your local bookstore or online retailer.

Emails From An A**hole by John Lindsay, ISBN: 978-1402778278, RRP: $19.99, Paperback
Available to order from all good bookstores and online retailers.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Disclaimer

Please Note: All RRP's shown on this blog are in Australian Dollars and inclusive of GST. Prices are subject to change without notice. Capricorn Link makes every endeavour to ensure that the information given in this blog is correct at the time of posting. Pleased be advised that cover images shown may differ from the actual cover of the books that are recieved into the warehouse. Publishers sometimes make the decision to change a cover at a late stage, however whilst the cover image may be different, the content of the book is unchanged.

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP